Who would have thought that at 91 I would be writing another book. My “life part three” has turned out to be as much fun as any time in my life.
Since my first book came out my light at the end of the tunnel, my dear Ed passed away. I miss him deeply but the new friends I have help so much in making my life better. My cat Ratasky also left to be with Ed and now I have a new cat named Zoey.
Comments on writing My Light at the End of the Tunnel.
I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am to have my book become a reality. I never really thought it would happen. Fay, my daughter-in-law is persistent and without her I know I would still be talking about it.
I had not realized how long I had writing a book on my mind until I found some “writing newsletters” in my files and saw that they were dated 1996! It has been 8 years since we wrote the first edition and I am very excited about the second edition being published as a print on demand book and even more exciting, an eBook! Who would ever had thought this would happen to me.
When I am not working on the book or running to doctor appointments I keep busy socializing and visiting with my daughters, Barb and Betti and reading.
This is my true life story
- Helen Hoover, an abandoned child who grows up in an orphanage.
- Helen Choban, the verbally, and physically abused young wife and mother of four children.
- Helen Bowers, the mature woman, who looks back over eighty plus years of my life
- Born to parents that could not take care of me, did not love me, and did not want me
- A new start with a family that wanted me but were soon taken away
- Teenage years spent in an orphanage where I learned not cry, and what it was like to never hear anyone tell me “I love you”
- My life as the bad times when I felt like I was trapped in a dark tunnel, and could not see any hope or light
- The good times when I emerged from the tunnel, and saw light, and happiness.
Why I wrote the book My Light at the End of the Tunnel
- I want to share with you how I overcome an early life of being abandoned, unloved, and unwanted and then went on to survive a marriage of verbal and physical abuse. Along the way I had to deal with the serious health problems of my children and struggle with my own bouts of deep depression and illness.
- I want to tell you that it is possible to overcome the bad things that happen to you in your life, and become a happy and loved person!
- It is important to share the power of the word “love”, and to show and tell your children, family and friends that you love them.
- People need to believe that no matter what happens to you in your life, you can overcome them if you believe in yourself and a higher power. I have tried to put the past behind but my past did shape my future.
I could have let my experiences break me but instead I became strong. You should not give up. My story may make you cry with sadness or smile with happiness but most of all I hope it gives you courage and hope to go on and create a happy life for yourself.